Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wow, I wasn't expecting that.........

I had an awesome pre-long holiday weekend workout with Dan last night.  I felt great and was looking forward to a long weekend.  As I was leaving, I saw a fellow Body Solutions member that I haven't seen in a while.  She is the kind of person that when she walks in and says hello in her sweet southern accent, everyone smiles. 

I stopped by her workout for a quick hello and she shared that she recently had a not so good biopsy and required chemo (details are a private matter).  WHOA!  I wasn't expecting to hear that.  We won't see her for a few months as she travels home to take her treatment.  The good news is she said its treatable, she's young, healthy & strong and all that works in your favor for sure.  My thoughts & prayers are with her. 

As I was driving home this is all I could think about....this fellow workouter and that you never know what you'll hear or experience so make each moment & day count for the most.  I guess that's why they call the "present" a "gift." 

I know she'll do well.  She's a strong girl, great mom and she has all of our thoughts & prayers from Atlanta with her every step of the way.  If she reads this some day.....just like when we are at Body Solutions trying to lose weight or lift weights - we are all in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!