Monday, July 5, 2010

Time...

It's funny how the meaning or impact of things changes...over TIME!  Didn't really mean that as a pun but.....it's early!

27:56 - The men's winner from Ethiopia's TIME in the Peachtree Road Race 10K.  That's less than a 5 minute/mile - WOW!  I ran down to the street just to get a glimpse of the elite runners pass.  What a treat.  Literally sprinting for 6.1 miles.  To just watch them was thrilling. 

1:13:24 - My niece, a 1st time Peachtree Road Racer, finished in I think record TIME.  I'm so proud of her for running the race (w/her dad) and she had a blast.  Motivation for me next year?

11:01 - My fastest TIME on Saturday for running one mile.  I've been working hard on bringing down my TIME.  Run farther, faster!

26:24 - I completed my first 2 mile run w/o stopping.  Didn't run it to beat any TIME, just to finish.  As I ran, I heard Dan saying to me, it's 85% in your head.  I turned that 85% into 100% and finished the 2 miles.  Yahoo!

July 4th, 9:30pm - This TIME couldn't come fast enough for my niece last night as we waited for the fireworks to begin.  It was an outstanding show.  From my balcony, we saw 6 fireworks shows. 

In the past, TIME has been more @ where do I need to be by a certain TIME.  What watch will I wear today (I have a bunch) so I know the TIME at every moment.  I don't want to be late; I like to be on TIME.  Some of this still holds true  (I like to be on TIME but no longer wear a watch) but now this means so much more to me than just getting there. 

It's now TIME to start a new day!  I'm excited for day 3 of the long, holiday weekend.  I'll wear no watch, no place to be at any specific TIME, just enjoying another day with family & friends.  Happy post 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!