Monday, August 30, 2010

Meet ups

This past Saturday, for the first time I joined the Body Solutions Saturday "meetup" run / walk group.  It was a great workout and alot of fun! 

I have been so intimidated by the thought of joining a group to do any sort of fitness activity.  I guess, although I want to be a runner for example, in my mind I'm a beginner.  The thought of doing a kick boxing class sounds cool but what if I can't keep up.  So I joined the group among friends who I felt would support me no matter what.....and I'm so glad I did this cause here's what I learned...........

......my fitness ability is better than some and not as good as others.  I'm OK.  I can keep up respectably.  I didn't embarrass myself (I don't think).  Runners don't always run the entire race; its OK to walk a few minutes.  This is an important lesson for me, a beginner, with big goals.  Now I'm ready.  So can I join a meetup of people I don't know - hmmmm, that will be a big leap.  I'm learning (repetition is good) that the biggest leap I have in front of me is in my head....my mental leap.  I really thought I had that one but now, not so sure.  I'll work on that one now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!