Friday, June 4, 2010

"THE GREATEST CASUALTY IS BEING FORGOTTEN"

Tomorrow, I'm doing the Run for Wounded Warriors with my two co-workers.  You've seen them pictured on my blog.  The run options are 10K, 5K and 1 mile.  We are going for the 5K. 



This is an important run for so many reasons. 
  • A great cause - Run for Wounded Warriors, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to host a 10K and 5K race to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project.
  • The 2nd time I've run a 5K and not since the blogging conference.  Really the 2nd time I've run in a group. 
  • The 1st time our office team will run an organized run together
I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I'm not accustomed to running with a group so this will be great practice for me.  I'm used to running by myself or with 1-2 others.  I'll work on my mental strength between now and tomorrow morning.  I'm really excited to run with my co-workers.  We run just about every morning and this will be a highlight for us for sure.  We're all goal oriented so FINISHING alone will be great. 

Here we come..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!