Friday, December 3, 2010

QUICK WEIGHT LOSS

My Friday morning rant!  Come on.....too good to be true ring a bell!  Not only do I hate (yes hate) this phrase (QUICK WEIGHT LOSS); it's everywhere - every media source.  Especially this time of year and I only expect to see it more as we move out of Christmas and into NY resolutions. 

I have a Google alert set up for the keywords "weight loss atlanta."  Yep, I'm crazy like that but I like to see what's happening around me.  In today's alert alone, there are seven hits for quick weight loss schemes.  OMG, why do we fall for this?!  The promises are one thing but what @ how unhealthy it is and stats show "fast" doesn't stay off.  So why would I put my health at risk and stats show I'll gain it all back and then some.....because it's fast and easy?!  Too good to be true!

I'm passionate @ this; these ads make me nuts!  I've been there; I wanted it off FAST; start losing it FAST and I wanted to keep losing it FAST.  Then I woke up (with the help of Dan I must admit) and decided I wanted to lose it this one last time, keep it off (I've been on "diets" my entire life) and I wanted to do it in a healthy way. 

Lose it, keep it off and in a healthy way are oxymorons for quick weight loss.  Don't fall for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!