Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow, sleet, sun, rain??

Where are you?!  Man o man, the winter storms & weather are outrageous. 

Blizzard in the NE, even snow in Atlanta and North FL per my mom.  Freezing temps - poor FL oranges may not make it.  Rains in Cali have destroyed so many homes and more rain on the way tonight.  Thank goodness I have no airline travel plans today!!!  Do you?  If you are reading this, I hope you are safe & sound, w/heat or a/c - whatever your climate brings. 

I have the great fortune to still be in sunny Southern Cali!!!  I must have had ESP when I chose this as my holiday destination.  The weather here is spectacular.  Yesterday it was in the mid 60's with more clear, blue skies.  I walked for hours........

Even after my 5 mile morning run - If you don't run the entire time, can you still call it a run?!  My second day of 5 milers!!!  Yesterday I tried something new - 1/4 mile run, 1/4 walk.  It was awesome and I'm not sore today.  Hmmmm, shall I try this again today or go for 1/2 mile? 

Here's my view.   Can you feel the sandBreezeSun?!!



1 comment:

  1. I think you should definitely incorporate some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) type training into your runs/walks. That's basically what you're doing when you run 1/4 mile and then walk 1/4 mile. The idea is to vary your intensity throughout your workout. You'll see much better results in a shorter period of time.

    BYW, I'm in sunny and warm in Houston, TX. Enjoy your stay in CA for as long as you can!

    Hiram
    www.BecomeBetter.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!