Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm thankful for....

How much of the weight loss and journey to good health is emotional?!  This must vary by person and by moment.  Are we on this journey for ourselves, spouse/SO, parent or someone else?  Article after article says "take care of yourself first" and all the others will be taken care of in turn.  So true.  As we increase our own confidence and self esteem, all the other relationships will fall into place, are easier to handle, become more meaningful, etc. 

I have said so many times before, I am grateful and thankful for many people and the impact they've had on my life especially this past year.  Sometimes I didn't even know the person.  I remember one time in the protein drink aisle of Target, a woman and I began talking @ weight loss.  We shared our stories.  She lost 70 lbs on her way to 100 and I think I was @ 30 lbs lost.  It was awesome!  I was inspired to keep going. 

As I begin my new journey of maintaining my weight loss, I hope for the continued support I've received in the past, new support from where I may not have expected and the opportunity to lend support and encouragement to others.  I want to be open to the unexpected and be smart enough to realize it when it comes.


Expect the unexpected............today I received a note in the mail that my six year old niece wrote in school.  The very unexpected.  This sentiment is my new journey "anchor."  When I don't feel like working out, when I want to eat everything chocolate in site...I'll look to this note as it will remind me of all that I am thankful for in my life.  Take care of myself and the rest will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!