Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stella (Sara) lost her groove

.....Fell off the wagon....or however the sayings go.  I've been MIA since last Tuesday and it's time to get back to it.  What a week!  You feel that way too?  Maybe not this past week but if you are on any kind of journey, you know what I'm talking about.  It's Sunday, the start to a new week and no looking in the rearview mirror. 

Lessons learned this past week - DON'T go to a Brazilian steakhouse.  OMG, the food never ends.  The endless salad bar led to endless meat (stopped cause got tired of chewing) which led to DESSERT.  Oh yea!  Ate the whole thing. 

Try running (or some new activity) - I survived my first Women on the Move training session.  It was cold, cold to start but quickly warmed.  I made it through #1 and I'm going back on Tuesday for more!  Our leader/coach, Tina, is great.  The day after she emailed me to see how I was feeling!  That kind of support is a gift.

Relationships - make new and visit ones you've been missing.  I couldn't have made it through the week w/o this.  I connected with a few people that I really like but haven't talked to in a while.  It made me smile and felt good to get back in touch.  I needed the new energy.  I couldn't do w/o my steady friends and I'm always grateful for that.  I really went looking for positive energy and support this week.  What a difference! 

Use those coupons, gift cards - I rarely keep up w/these but I used a coupon for a facial with Liz @ Institut DERMed.  Such a relaxing hour and Liz is a doll.  Then I headed to Karen @ Soge for my monthly cut and color.  Back to "merlot."  Visiting w/Karen & Cookie is always a good time.  They are the best!  (Check out Karen cutting her nephew's beautiful hair w/niece looking on - teenagers!). 

Do something for someone else - whether they know it or not.  Haiti needs our continuous support; it's heartbreaking.  Love the text donation, give @ the supermarket (round up @ Publix & Kroger) or whatever.  Closer to home, I helped a friend reach a little closer to his goal this week.  He probably doesn't know it but I do and that's enough.  I even responded to a blogger (that I do not know) with some new workout music.  It's a cool thing.............

It's a rainy Sunday here but the fog is lifting and I'm heading out for a run.  Pretty funny as I don't think I've ever said that before.  Life changes..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!