Tuesday, February 16, 2010

B.F.F.

No, not Best Friends Forever - Best Fiber Foods......What's with all the FIBER talk?!  I know the obvious reasons (hear my mom's voice on the "roughage" convo)!  But why else? 

For weight loss, one of the reasons we want to eat more fiber is because it slows the movement of food through our intestines.  The increased time that food stays in our intestines..... reduces hunger feelings and overall food intake!  Hey I'm all for that. 

So where can I get this BFF...................How @ some natural sources:
  • Vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, leafy greens)
  • Fruits (apples, berries, plums, pears)
  • Whole grains (brown rice, oats, whole-wheat products)
  • Beans (any bean will do)
I like all these foods so this week I just have to buy them and make sure I eat them daily.  Instead of grabbing the chocolate I'm going to try to replace it with berries or an apple.  Does apple dipped in chocolate count?!

Go FIBER, please fill me up...........

1 comment:

  1. Love the Fiber One bars....If I eat one at 4:00 I can get through preparing dinner without sampling as I'm cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!