Friday, February 12, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow......

We had snow in Atlanta today!  Maybe the blizzard of 2010.  (Checkout the nighttime view from my balcony). Quite a bit actually for a southern snow and it's still coming down.  So so pretty and quiet.  The city began shutting down (offices and schools closing) about lunchtime in anticipation of the snow. This time they predicted right and it came right on schedule.  At least my coworker, a total weather bug, predicted right.  A couple of us were busy @ work on a project so we stayed. 

At the end of the day, I headed to Body Solutions for my regular workout with Dan.  Now was I crazy?  Everyone I know was at home, safe & sound.  The roads I travelled were OK and I had no traffic so I think I made a good call with not cancelling my workout.  Part of what was driving me is I weigh in tomorrow and really needed that workout.  Plus we've had such crappy weather all week, we've not been able to run so I feel like a blimp. 

It was a great workout but I still am having problems jumping!  51 years old and can't really jump off a bench and land w/o a huge thud!  Tonight we did jump squats, mountain climbers, push ups, dead lifts, step ups and those jumps I mentioned.  It was all really great and followed by the stretch, my favorite! 

Today was a great FAT FREE anniversary day.  So one year and still going.  Tomorrow morning's workout begins year TWO. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congrats on your anniversary! That's great.

    I've eaten enough chocolate for the both of us today. If anyone needs a workout it's ME! Of course I'm finally able to move without pain. Damn Tony Horton and his P90 extreme!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!