Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Dirty Dozen OR Clean 15

Some where along the way last year, I decided low calorie wasn't good enough.  I wanted low calorie AND healthy, nutritious food.  I can't remember when this interest started; Dan probably can I'm sure of that.  He'll remember when the barrage of questions started. :-) I began reading everything I could get my hands on and became more and more confused as I went.  There is SO much information out there and much of it is contradictory so who do I believe.  What's a girl to do?!

I still feel this way on many days but the one thing I'm solid on is buying organic.  At this stage (beginning healthy eater), I am picking my shots.  And just like I picked sunscreen vs. makeup for now, organic is it for me.  I buy organic whenever I can for several reasons - 1). pesticides (why the &^%$# would I want that in my body) and 2). organic tastes better!

 I've been following the dirty dozen lists.  A new one just came out - check out EWG's 2010 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides.  This organization is awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!