Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Heart Rate........

What's it all about?  There is resting, recovery, training, target, normal, healthy and on..........For the first 50 years, I was simply glad I had a heart rate/beat.  Over the last year, I've learned more @ the importance and how to positively affect my heart rate and my health.  I did my HR first thing this a.m. when I woke up and WOW! 

Some basics - My heart rate is beats per minute.  Things that affect HR are my age (51), female (males typically have lower HR), weight (135), my health and fitness levels. 

So I thought I'd take a look at where I started and my progress:

  • March 2009 - 170 lbs - resting HR 79

  • November 2009 - 135 lbs - resting HR 65

  • April 2010 (TODAY) - 135 lbs - resting HR 55
Just like with weight loss, lower is better with HR.  It's a measure of physical fitness and heart health.  WooHoo, 24 beats lower.  I'm learning all this and I'm excited.  All these months of food journaling to keep my weight down, continuing my cardio workouts and my strength/weight training with Dan is really having an impact.  It's so much more than just how I look in the mirror (although that's a good one too).  

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a really drastic improvement, Sara!

    Think how much less your heart is having to work...

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AMAZING! Way to GO Sara!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, what a change! I have no idea what mine is, or should be. Something to look into!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!