Monday, April 26, 2010

The most amazing weekend.......

I'm back from NYC and my head is spininng (again).  It often does this after a school (IIN) weekend.  This past weekend was the most outstanding.  My mind was really opened up for lots more research and experimenting.........

We heard from so many incredible people - all who are not just experts in their fields, more importantly all these people are TAKING ACTION

Some were former IIN grads - a NYC public school principal from The Marie Curie School in NYC who is changing the world one school at a time; a teacher/mother who started Wellness in Schools; an attorney who's daughter spoke @ a hearing on school lunch programs.  Incredible, inspiring - all of them. 

We also heard from some well known experts - WOW!

John Douillard - Dr. Douillard has been teaching Ayurvedic medicine, natural health, fitness, and nutrition internationally for 22 years.  I knew nothing @ the concepts of Vata, Pitta and Kapha and boy do I have some interesting research ahead of me.  I have an Ayurvedic questionnaire if anyone is interesting in finding out where they fall. 

David Wolfe - He's leading the Raw Foods revolution.  David is considered one of the world’s top authorities on natural health, beauty nutrition, herbalism, chocolate, and organic superfoods. You wouldn't believe the smoothie he made in class - I'm clueless and again lots more research to do.  I need to get my "jing" going! 

David Katz - "Act with feet & forks not stethoscopes & scalpels"!  He's international authority on nutrition, weight management, and the prevention of chronic disease; internationally recognized leader in integrative medicine and patient-centered care.  I expected a typical MD approach and was pleasantly surprised and pleased - check out thefuntheory.com and rfrk.com.  More cool stuff.

I'm sure anyone that reads this can see why my head is spinning and I'm psyched.  This was the best school weekend and it reinforces that I'm doing the right thing for me in continuing my education around nutrition/healthy living and pursuing my Health Coach passion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!