Saturday, May 29, 2010

Getting started.....

My holiday weekend is off to an awesome start.  The Atlanta Track Club (ATC) asked me to talk to their Peachtree in Training group @ nutrition.  Who loves this topic more than me?!  The group ran a 5 miler and as they enjoyed their coffee & bagels we talked about nutrition & running.  Preparing, race day and recovery.  Of course I added in hydration & my personal favorite....sunscreen!  GREAT group of guys & gals.  They energized me, inspired me to keep at my running and maybe next year....the Peachtree. Who knows.  I'm up to 1.75 miles!!  Go me!

I''m now sitting in the airport (Concourse E - whew!) waiting to board my flight for FL.  A few days in the hot, humid days of long ago.  I grew up there and hot & humid is why I left.  Not that we don't have hot & humid in Atlanta but at least we have some hills!  And seasons!    Florida will be fun and I'm looking forward to getting to the beach.  It will give me a chance to try out my new sunscreen that got a great rating on EWG.  I'll spend some time with my bro and his family and my dear mom.  She's so cute....she's so excited for my arrival. 

A long weekend is great for recovery.  Rest, relax and recharge and then get going again.  At the same time this weekend, it's important to take a few minutes to remember the victims of wars.  We thank them for their honor & service!  Have a wonderful Memorial Day all........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!