Sunday, May 2, 2010

There's no place like home

As much as I love NYC and am always so sad to leave, I'm so happy to be home too.  You know travelling these days can be such a hassle.  The "rules" differ from airport to airport and it's frustrating.  I didn't fly much last year so I lost my FF status so I have to PAY FOR MY LUGGAGE.  That really pisses me off.  Oh well, whuch you gonna do. I'm certainly not staying home! 

We had a wonderful weekend.  One mishap that wasn't too bad....more scary than anything.  Literally my mom was almost run over by one of the metal food carts.  The guy was pushing it back to where they go at the end of the day and he and it came charging across the crosswalk just at the same time my mom was crossing.  He screamed and fortunately he jumped in front of the cart with all his weight to stop/brace it from crashing into my mom.  She got bumped, not bad, but shook her up.  Once we got that out of the way on Thursday night, all else was wonderful. 

The weather was spectacular.  It was so much fun.  We mostly hung out, strolled the streets & Central Park, ate, drank, laughed, saw good theater and of course, worked out.  Last night I took my mom to a raw food restaurant.  She's a trooper and loved it.  It was interesting for sure.  We hung out with friends and had a wonderful weekend. 

Back home now and very excited.  Tomorrrow is the Day of Beauty.  Up early and out the door.  I'm in charge of stuffing goody bags! 

The best part @ being back home is sleeping in my own bed!!!  Isn't that crazy.  We get so used to our own "stuff."  I love it too.  Signing off now for a busy week. 

Oh, I was really bad, bad with my eating this weekend.  I don't know what got into me.  I paid for it too - a few upset stomachs.  Guess I'm out of practice.  Hmmmm, curious what the scale will say tomorrow.  Oh well, I'm back at it once again.  All's well that ends well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!