Sunday, May 9, 2010

SPLUUUUUUUUUURGE

OMG, yesterday was the splurge I've been waiting for.........When I changed my eating habits, I really changed them for good.  There are some things I just really don't eat anymore or not very often. 

I haven't had pizza in 15 months if you can believe that.  I've had pasta like twice in the last year.  Ice cream 1x when I was really sick and that's all I wanted to eat.  OK why don't I eat some of these things.....sometimes....and in small portions?  I CAN'T.  If I eat them, I'll eat too much.  Some say that's because I've "deprived" myself of these foods.  Nope, just know me and sometimes it's best to just not start.  Walk away.  (I have to do that sometimes too when I feel I want to speak my mind and it probably doesn't need to happen - back away...).

Back to the splurge.  Yesterday I went to get my haircut and it was Karen's birthday.  I'm so pissed at her cause I didn't know it was her day.  I'll get her.  Anyway there were all kinds of sweets..........all store bought so I said, nah I'll pass.  So she takes me off to the side and shows me THE TIN.  I almost fell out!!!!  Homemade cookies!!!!!!!  Karen's mom baked homemade choco/coconut cookies.  I had one and it was worth every bite.  Worth the wait to have it!  Worth the calories eating it! Worth every morsel!  Just look at these suckers.  There were so yummy and rich, I could really only eat one. That made me so happy.  I had it; loved it and then I was done. 

Now that was a great splurge!!! What's your splurge?

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through dailymile. I have always had a major soft spot for ice cream (no pun intended), but I recently got some frozen organic blueberries at Costco. Instead of ice cream at night, I (most of the time) have a bowl of frozen blueberries. Yum! I never thought I would be able to find something that I loved as much, but they are great. I have also really gotten into greek yogurt. Fewer calories than traditional yogurt and more substantial.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...."Comment As" - select either Name/URL (name only required) or Anonymous. Thanks!